Balsamic and Honey Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Adapted from: http://www.onceuponachef.com/2009/11/roasted-brussels-sprouts.html
- 1-1/2 pounds brussels sprouts, halved, stems and ragged outer leaves removed*
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 large onion
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. In a large bowl, toss brussels sprouts with 2 tablespoons olive oil, kosher salt and pepper. Transfer the brussels sprouts to baking sheet and roast, stirring occasionally to ensure even browning, until tender and caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- While the Brussels sprouts are roasting, slice the onion and separate the rings. Heat about 1 Tbsp olive oil in a saute pan over med-high heat. Add the onions and stir to coat. Cook, stirring frequently, until the onions begin to brown. Reduce the heat to low and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until the onions are golden brown. Set aside.
- Place Brussels sprouts back in bowl. Add the caramelized onions. Add remaining tablespoon olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey and toss to coat evenly. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary, then serve.
Balsamic Honey Roasted Brussels Sprouts Quiche
- Balsamic Honey Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 cup 6-cheese Italian Blend
- 6 eggs*
- 1 1/2 cups 1% milk
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350. Spread Brussels sprouts in prepared baking pan. Cook the bacon for 4 minutes in the microwave; cool. Dice bacon and sprinkle it over the Brussels sprouts. Sprinkle with cheese blend.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs until uniform in color. Add milk and seasonings and mix until lemon yellow and frothy. Carefully pour over the fillings.
- Bake quiche for 35 minutes or until browned on top. Allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.