Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Canadian Bacon Quiche

An early morning storm followed by a call from my new CSA delaying this morning's pickup reminded me that I have been remiss in posting to this blog. I have been so busy; moving, starting a new career, ending the old one, traveling, I just haven't taken the time to post. For that, I apologize. Last night, Dad bought a Canadian bacon, so I figured I would camelize some onions, cut up some of the bacon and use the bleu cheese I bought last night to make a quiche. But alas, I left the bleu cheese at the house. So this morning I used Swiss and we shall have the bleu on Saturday for those helping me finish my move.

 Canadian Bacon Onion Quiche
  • 1 need. sweet onion
  • 1 tbsp canola oil
  • 6 oz Canadian bacon, diced
  • 4 oz Swiss cheese
  • 5 large eggs
  • 1 1/4 cups 1% milk
 Preheat oven to 350F. Dice onions; set aside. Heat heavy skillet over medium heat. Add oil and continue heating until oil shimmers. Add onions and toss to coat with oil. Cook, stirring every 1-2 minutes until, they soften. Reduce heat and cook, adding water as needed to keep moist until onions carmelize to desired brownness. Be careful not to burn. At the end, add the Canadian bacon to heat.

Prepare a round baking pan with cooking spray. Spread onions and bacon in bottom of pan. Sprinkle with shredded Swiss. Beat eggs with milk; season as desired (I used garlic, salt and freeze-dried basil). Pour eggs over filling. Bake for 35 minutes at 350F. Allow to set 5 minutes before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment