Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Last winter CSA package

Well, it's hard to believe, but winter CSA is officially over this week.  It has been a fun way to get introduced to how CSA shares work before plunging into a summer CSA which is delivered every week.  I am excited for what lies ahead, but for the moment, here is what we are getting in this last winter share:

This week's full selection is:
- 1 pint homemade jam, either blackberry or blueberry
- 1/2 lb leaf lettuce
- 1 whole chicken, approx 4 lbs
- 1 lb Ohio City Pasta
- 1/2 lb fresh cheddar curds (your choice of dill, chipotle, garlic, or regular)
- 1/2 gallon milk
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 lb sausage (your choice chorizo, cajun, mild Italian, or merguez)
- Choice of 2 vegetables: 
          - kale
          - spinach
          - mixed greens
          - rhubarb
          - radishes
          - rapini
          - asparagus

As you can see, we are already heading into late spring/early summer produce, and I am going to have a hard time choosing.  I really just want one of each!  I suspect that I will go with the rhubarb because it is expensive in the store, but I will ask to see the asparagus and rapini before I choose.  All three items are very tempting and I am actually hoping he has enough that we can purchase the others separately. 

Since we were on vacation last week, I am desperately in need of groceries, so I am looking forward to getting this share tomorrow.  My mind is already working on the things that I will be making!

No comments:

Post a Comment