Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 2, 2011

English Cut Beef Short Ribs

I have to say that we are definitely getting spoiled with all the beautiful cuts of meat we get through our CSA shares.  For two weeks running, I purchased beef short ribs and they were beautiful and lean.  So, when I traveled to Troy today, I brought them with me.  When I got here, I threw them in John's crockpot using my favorite Southwest Short Ribs recipe:

Slow-cooked Southwest Short Ribs
  • 3 lbs English-cut Beef Short Ribs*
  • 1 can Rotel tomatoes w/ chiles
  • 1 15-oz jar medium salsa (you may use mild or hot to taste as well)
  • 1/4 cup cider vinegar
  • 1 jar water
Place ribs into crock of Slow-cooker.  In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients.  Pour mixture over ribs.  Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours.  Makes 6 servings (2 bones each).  Sauce may be served over rice, quinoa or orzo. 

*CSA ingredients

I serve this with Seeds of Change Quinoa with Brown rice.  It is available at Costco and is ready in 90 seconds (microwave).  Each packet serves 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment