Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Quinoa and eggs

We woke up late this morning and were both very hungry.  So what can you do that is quick and hearty?  I had a serving left of the Beet Green Quinoa salad (http://csafoodie.blogspot.com/2011/06/greens.html) I made earlier in the week.  I wondered if that would make good scrambled eggs:

Beet Green Quinoa Scrambled Eggs
  • 1 cup Beet Green Quinoa Salad*
  • 2 lg eggs*
  • 4 lg egg whites*
  • 1/4 cup feta cheese
Beat eggs and egg whites with salt and pepper to taste.  Heat quinoa salad over medium heat.  Pour eggs over quinoa and sprinkle with feta.  Cook until bottom eggs are cooked, then using a spatula, slowly scramble eggs until they are just wet.  Makes 2 servings.

Note: I am not lucky enough to have oven-safe pans.  If I did, I would have finished this as a frittata instead.  To do this, you would begin cooking the eggs as above, however, once they are cooked about 2/3 through, you place them under the broiler until the top is browned.  As a frittata, this recipe could serve 4 along with a green salad or other vegetable side.



*CSA ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment