Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Settling In, Finishing Up

Today is actually the third full-time day at SVSU.  It's so quiet around here in the summer.  On average, there are about 5 people in their offices and I suspect that I am about the only one that is not actually teaching classes yet.  My office is huge and I am spread all over it as is par for the course when I am doing research.  I have 3 more projects to finish before the 10th and I can't seem to make myself concentrate on just one.  I did, however, manage to finish re-writing my career portfolio yesterday.  I hope it's closer to what they were looking for.  I had tried to be rather generic in case I wanted to use it someday (which I am hoping that I won't), but they wanted me to get specific, so I did. 

I have finally finished the homework assignment as well.  I know that John wanted to be done with that early, but I didn't get any homework done last week.  I was too busy trying to get all of my packing done.  And quite frankly, I have had a time getting the momentum back up and running.  Today I am concentrating on finishing my lit review.   I am still a little miffed about the way that some in the cohort completed their lit reviews, but what can I do.  As long as they have completed the assignment, nobody can say one way or another whether they did it for the program or if they used something that they had completed before.  There isn't the controls that are in place in grad school that prevent things such as this from occurring.

At any rate, I am really excited for the school year to start so I can get back to finishing up research projects.  Since most will be done as collaborations, it's kind of tough right now to get much done.  The people I need to work with are not coming into work and thus, I don't have enough communication time with them.  But I did find out that there are some great resources in this faculty and I want to take advantage of those resources before they dry up.

Here are some pictures of my office at school.  It's strange to have an office that I can actually close the door on (not that I will ever do that).  But even better than that, I apparently will have an MBA student to help me with literature reviews in the fall.  I am thinking the direct method research will be the best project for him.  We shall see.




No comments:

Post a Comment