Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Christmas "Crack"

Yep, it's that time of year again.  I really, really love certain things this time of year.  Today I made the first batch of Chex Mix (or what I lovingly refer to as "Christmas Crack").  The nickname comes from the fact that I can just eat and eat this stuff and it never fills me up.  Because of that, I only make it if I have someone to give it away to.  This week, it's work.  We have our Christmas party on Wednesday, so I will bring both this and roasted butternut squash as my contributions.

Traditional Chex Mix (AKA "Christmas Crack")
  • 4 1/2 cups Corn Chex
  • 4 1/2 cups Rice Chex
  • 1 cup Pretzel sticks
  • 1 cup deluxe Mixed Nuts (no peanuts)
  • 1 cup Cheerios
  • 6 Tbsp butter
  • 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
Preheat oven to 250.  Mix together the cereal, pretzels, nuts and Cheerios.  In a small microwave safe bowl, melt the butter for 1 minute on HIGH.  Add the sauce and seasonings and mix well.  Pour evenly over the cereal mixture and stir to coat as evenly as possible. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.  Spread on paper towels to cool.  Store in sealed container.


No comments:

Post a Comment