Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Magic Bars

Who doesn't love Magic bars, or 7-layer bars, or whatever you call them?  Well, I love them but several years ago, I made them with Reese's PB chips instead of Butterscotch chips because that's what I had available.  I found that I like them better that way, so that has been my twist ever since.  This is such a simple recipe that I only allow myself to make it at Christmas.  Too tempting otherwise.

PB Magic Bars
  • 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 6 Tbsp butter
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup Reese's PB chips
  • 1 cup pecan pieces
  • 1 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
 Preheat oven to 350.  Melt butter in a small bowl for 1 minute on HIGH in the microwave.  Stir in graham cracker crumbs.  Press into 11 X 7 baking pan.  Pour milk over the crust.  Then evenly sprinkle the chips, nuts and coconut.  Press firmly with a fork.  Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment