Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Zucchini and Corn

I needed a recipe for my sister's picnic tomorrow and wanted a fresh side to take advantage of the fresh produce at the farmers market. Not sure exactly how I ended up looking at recipes with zucchini and corn, but I ran across this recipe with lime to brighten the flavors. And, I found some really pretty limes at the market this morning to keep it really fresh.

A good chef always tastes their recipes, right? I did, just to make sure the flavors balanced. I love this dish! I will have to file this recipe away! It ranks right up there with ratatouille in my book.

Parmesan Zucchini and Corn
Adapted from: http://damndelicious.net/2014/07/12/parmesan-zucchini-corn/?m

2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 cloves garlic*, minced
8 medium zucchini*
2 cups fresh corn kernels*
1/2 tsp oregano, dried
1/2 tsp basil, dried
1/4 tsp thyme, dried
Salt and pepper, to taste
Juice of 2 limes
2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan, or to taste

Chop the zucchini. Cut kernels from cobs. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for one minute or until fragrent. Add zucchini, corn, oregano, basil and thyme. Cook, stirring occassionally, until zucchini is tender and cooked through. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in lime juice and cilantro. Serve immediately with Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment