Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Okra

Decided I needed to use up some of the okra I got last weekend at the farmers market.  So, as I was digging through recipes (I only wanted to use a bit of them because I still plan to make okra and tomatoes), I ran across an idea for mini crustless frittatas.  Well, I made them this morning and they were actually quite nice!  Might have to think about changing my quiches into mini quiches for grab-and-go ease.

Mini Okra Frittatas
Adapted from: http://arentedkitchen.com/2012/09/24/mini-okra-frittata-cups/
  • 1 cup sliced okra*
  • 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 6 slices cooked bacon, diced
  • 6 large eggs**
  • 1/2 cup 1/2% milk
  • 1/2 cup panko crumbs
  • 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp dried oregano
  • salt & pepper, to taste
  • 1/4 cup grated parmesan
  • 1/2 cup Mexican blend cheese
 Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Prepare 2 mini-muffin pans.  

Heat oil over medium-high heat.  Add okra and saute for about 5 minutes until browned and crispy.  Add minced garlic and continue cooking until fragrant.  Remove from heat. 

In a medium bowl, beat eggs with milk, panko and seasonings until smooth.  Add the okra, bacon and cheese.  Fill muffin cups to top and bake, about 12 minutes, until the frittatas are puffed and cooked through.




*farmers market ingredients
**CSA ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment