Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Time to get real!

So, this week, Trevor is going to make me really pull out the stops.  I have never had an occassion to work with ramps before, but have seen them used on Top Chef and other cooking shows.  So I am in research mode.  I already have a tip roast and as you can see, we will get more beef this week.  I hope that is what ramps go with best, but I will find out so that I can use this wonderful ingredient.  Getting very excited as we approach the start of the summer CSA.  I went and looked at last year's schedule of packages and boy do I see possibilities.  There are some things I will have to hand over to Leland because I am allergic and thus, do not cook with them (cilantro, for instance), but I am definitely looking forward to summer squashes, eggplant, beets, etc!  Only a month away!!!!!

Here's what we are getting this week (so excited to get another quart of that wonderful fresh yogurt!):

Winter CSA Wk 13 Selection
-    8 oz aged cheddar cheese
-    ½ lb spinach or mixed greens
-    1 lb grassfed ground beef
-    1 lb sausage links (mild or hot Italian, kielbasa, and chorizo)
-    ½ lb leaf lettuce
-    1 dozen eggs
-    1 lb bacon
-    1 bunch ramps or wild onions
-    1 quart farmstead yogurt
-    Quarter peck fuji apples
-    1 lb whole wheat pasta

Thinking some carbonara is in order.  Haven't done that since last year!  Oh the fun things we can do!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment