Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Winter Vegetable Soup

To use up even more of the winter vegetables I have received over the last couple weeks, I decided to try my hand at putting together a winter vegetable soup. My husband ordered me an immersion blender for Christmas and apparently, it is in Troy, but I didn't go this week, so I had to use my regular blender this time.  I can't wait to have that wonderful tool in my kitchen!

"Creamy" Winter Vegetable Soup

  • 1 ½ cups diced turnips*
  • 3 cups cauliflower florets*
  • 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and diced*
  • 1 large sweet onion, cut into thin wedges*
  • 2 (32-oz) pkg chicken stock
  • 4 cups water
  • Fresh ground pepper
  • 1 cup farm fresh yogurt* (optional)
Wash, peel and dice turnips and potatoes.  Peel onion and cut into thin wedges.  Place all vegetables with chicken stock in a large Dutch oven.  Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook until vegetables are all fork-tender. Add 4 cups water (to replace what evaporated off), season with pepper and allow to cool.  Add to a blender and puree until smooth.  Repeat until all vegetables are pureed.  Serve with a tablespoon of yogurt if desired.  Makes 12 1-cup servings.


*CSA Ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment