Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 18, 2011

A Wam Drink for a Cold Day

 Yesterday, I decided I wanted chi instead of coffee. Unfortunately, I had used up all of my prepackaged chi, so, I embarked on discovering how to make my own. It's always been a mystery exactly what combination of spices made that wonderful warm, spicy flavor. After looking at several interesting recipes, including a chi spiced mango bread pudding recipe I am considering trying, I decided the most common combination included cinnamon, cloves, coriander and ground ginger. I made myself a stock mix and tried it out using a good loose black tea in my coffee-maker.

Chi Tea Spices

1tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground ginger

Combine spices in a small bowl and mix well. To make tea in a Automatic drip coffee-maker, place a filter into the basket. Add 1 Tbsp good loose black tea per cup into filter (I used Teavana Golden Monkey Black Tea) and add 1/4 tsp chi spices. Brew and enjoy!

Note: Although I have not tried it, I am guessing you could add the spices directly to brewed tea (or coffee). Add milk or cream and sweetener (I used honey) as desired.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delish! I'm going to try it--tho unfortunately with decaf tea for the moment. I'll bet the spices will render it more palatable. --lmh

    ReplyDelete