Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Broccoli and Eggs

This morning, when I got up, I really wanted something with eggs. At first, I was looking for something with quinoa, but during my search, I ran across a recipe for a crustless broccoli cheddar quiche. Iam pretty much a sucker for broccoli and eggs. They used to make broccoli egg breakfast sandwiches at work and I adored them. It's been about a year since they've made them, so when I saw the recipe, I had to make it! Now, I do not have the right sizes ramekins, or enough smaller ones, so I chose to make it in a pie plate. Although, in hindsight, I suppose I could have used muffin tins. I also didn't have enough cheddar, so this became a 3-cheese broccoli quiche. It really hit the spot!

3-Cheese Crustless Broccoli Quiche
Adapted from: http://www.marthastewart.com/318409/crustless-broccoli-cheddar-quiches
  • Coarse salt
  • fresh-ground pepper
  • 1 oz broccoli florets*
  • 6 large eggs*
  • 1/2 cup coconut milk
  • Ground pepper
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
  • 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
Place broccoli florets into microwave steamer with about 1/4 inch of water. Cook on HIGH for 6 minutes. Spread florets on cutting board to cool; coarsely chop.

In a large bowl, mix eggs, salt, pepper, nutmeg and milk until will blended. Stir in cheddar and Swiss.

In a prepared pie plate, layer broccoli. Pour egg and cheese mixture over broccoli. Sprinkle with Romano cheese. Bake at 400°F for 35 minutes, or until a knife, inserted into the center, comes out clean. Serves 4 (or 8 if you've had gastric surgery).






*CSA ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment