Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Dish for Mardi Gras

Fat Tuesday is coming up this week. While I was cleaning this weekend, I ran across andouille sausage and bay scallops in the freezer. I realized it's been a long time since I've made jambalaya. I know jambalaya is traditionally made with rice. However, I don't do rice very well anymore, so I decided to try making it with quinoa. I have to say, I really liked the result!

 Andouille Scallop Quinoa Jambalaya for Rice Cooker
  •  2 cups quinoa 'dry
  •  2 links andouille sausage*
  •  8oz. bay scallops
  •  1 (28-oz) can crushed tomatoes
  •  2 cups frozen peas and carrots
  •  2 cups sliced zucchini*
  •  1 cup salsa
  •  1/4 tsp cayenne
  • 1 Tbsp ground cumin
  •  1 tsp dried oregano
 Cut sausage in half lengthwise and then slice into half moons. Place all ingredients into rice cooker. Choose porridge setting close cooker and start.

*CSA ingredients  

1 comment:

  1. I want to thank fantastic mixture. I just wine basket it tasted awesome: -)
    I have a webpage with the help of white recommendations professionally for everybody who is concerned. You can find it at http://recipes-for-food.com

    ReplyDelete