Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Pork Chops

A couple weeks ago, I got some thick-cut pork chops. I have never been a huge fan of pork chops. I guess probably because I've never had them cooked right (sorry, mom). I wanted to try something different because these were about twice as thick as I've seen before and they were loin chops. I probably looked at 16 recipes before I found a slow-cooker recipe that looked interesting and utilized my CSA a bit. I had to wait for a day when I could be on top of the cooking. It is very easy to overcook pork loin. As it happened, Friday was one of those days. I had worked 19 hours only Thursday, getting home at 3 am. Thus, I woke at 10am, started the chops first thing and then went to work for a couple hours. About an hour after I got home from work, the chops were done.

 Slow-Cooker Parmesan Honey Pork Chops
Adapted from: www.sixsistersstuff.com/2011/12/slow-cooker-parmesan-honey-pork-roast.html
  •  2 thick-cut pork loin-chops*
  •  2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  •  1/2 cup honey*
  •  3 Tbsp soy sauce (I used low sodium)
  •  2 Tbsp minced garlic*
  •  2 Tbsp dried basil
  •  2 tbsp olive oil
  •  salt, to taste
 Spray slow-cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place chops in slow-cooker. In a small bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients. Pour sauce over the chops.Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours or until meat thermometer reads 160F.






* CSA ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment