Total Pageviews

Monday, May 13, 2013

Chicken Chard Quiche

Looking through my refrigerator, I find I have leftover chicken, ramps, bacon and Swiss chard. I thought that would make a very tasty quiche. If you've never had ramps, you are definitely missing out. The only thing that makes me sad about them is that they are only available a couple weeks a year. But I made pesto this year, so I will get to enjoy them longer. This quiche, however, uses the green leaves. I'll have to try it with the pesto sometime.

 Chicken Chard Quiche
  •  1 cup cooked, leftover chicken*
  •  4 slices thick-cut bacon*
  •  1 small bunch Swiss chard
  •  1 small bunch ramps leaves*
  •  1 cup sharp cheddar
  • 1/2 cup fresh shredded parmesan
  •  5 eggs*
  •  1 1/2 cup 1% milk
  •  salt and pepper
 Wash Swiss chard and remove stems. Place chard and ramps in a microwave steamer with 1/4" water and cook on high for 2 minutes. Allow to steam while cooking bacon (1 minute per slice in microwave). Uncover vegetables and cool to handle.  Squeeze out moisture and chop into bite-sized pieces. Sprinkle chicken, vegetables and bacon into pie plate. Sprinkle with cheeses. Whip eggs with milk and seasonings. Pour over fillings. Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 35 minutes.



*CSA ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment