Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Ramps Pesto

I got the most beautiful bunches of ramps this week. If you haven't tried these beautiful wild leeks, you need to go find them at a farmer's market. They have a flavor that combines onion and garlic flavors. I discovered these 3 years ago in my first year of the CSA and now they are my most-anticipated item. This year, I decided to do double duty with my ramps. I am making pesto from the leaves and I will pickle the bulbs. Look at how beautiful these are!


Ramps Pesto
  •  2 bunches ramps leaves*
  •  1/2 cup romano cheese
  •  1/4 cup pine nuts
  •  olive oil
  •  1 Tbsp lemon juice
 Wash ramps and cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces. Place ramps, cheese and nuts into blender with 1/4 cup olive oil. Puree, drizzling more olive oil as needed, until pesto is right consistency. Add lemon juice to taste. Pour pesto into an ice-cube tray to freeze if not using right away.



*CSA ingredients

 To come: Chicken in the crockpot



No comments:

Post a Comment