Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Lamb and Herbs

Over the last month, I have rediscovered how much I love lamb!  Today they had some nice lamb chops at the store and I just felt that would be a nice protein to go with my roasted vegetables.  And given that I now have a small herb garden in my front yard, I decided to use some of the herbs to marinate the lamb.  Wow, how wonderful are fresh herbs? 

Pan-seared Balsamic Lamb with Fresh Herbs
  •  2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
  • 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
  • 4 sprigs Lemon Thyme
  • 2 sprigs Hot & Spicy Oregano
  • 1 sprig Marjoram
  • Salt & pepper, to taste
  • 4 lamb chops (about 1 pound)
  • 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
Mix balsamic vinegar and olive oil in a zipped bag.  Roughly chop herbs and add them to the marinade.  Add the chops and salt & pepper, seal bag and shake to evenly coat the chops.  Marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour in the refrigerator.  Bring chops to room temperature (about 20 minutes). 

Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.  Sear chops for approximately 3 minutes on each side, to cook to medium-rare.  Allow chops to rest for 5 minutes before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment