Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Corn for Breakfast

I wanted to have something a little different for breakfast. And for some reason, I was craving some of the corn I put away this summer. I usually make quiche on the weekend, but wasn't in the mood this morning. I will probably still make a quiche for this week but I did some digging and saw recipes for veggie pancakes and thought corn cakes sounded good. For my friends with gluten issues, this recipe will work for you. I had bought almond flour a bit ago and have found for many things, I prefer using almond flour. Since I have always had people in my life who were celiac and/or gluten allergic, my baking powder is also gluten free. I didn't intend to make this gluten-free, however, it worked nicely and that is always half the battle.

 Gluten-free Corn Cakes
  • 2 cups frozen sweet corn **, thawed
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1 large egg*
  •  3/4 cup almond flour
  •  1 tsp gf baking powder
  •  4 strips bacon, crumbled
  •  salt and pepper, to taste
 Place half the corn, the milk and egg into the blender and puree. Mix flour, baking powder, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add liquids and mix well. Stir in remaining corn and bacon. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Drop batter by spoonful and cook, flipping once, until browned.


*CSA ingredients
 **Farmers market ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment