Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 11, 2015

White Chicken Chili

It must be winter. I was trying to decide what to make for lunch. Looking at my fridge, I realized I still had a lot of chicken leftover. Since the Cowboys/ Green Bay game was on early this afternoon, I decided something football appropriate would be good. I've never made white chicken chili before, but I thought it sounded good. Of course, I only had 2 cans of Cannellini beans, so I had to use pintos for the third, but I threw everything in the Crockpot and crossed my fingers. Of course, my corn craving was still hanging around, so after polling on FB, I added that. Then I couldn't get the seasoning right. So, back to FB and in the end, I finally got it worked out. I really like this stuff and now I know how to make it.

 White Chicken Chili
  •  1 medium onion, diced
  •  3 cloves garlic, minced
  •  1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 cans Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
  •  1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
  •  4 caps shredded chicken
  •  2 (4-oz) cans green chilies
  •  2 Tbsp ground cumin
  •  1 tsp oregano
  •  1/4 tsp cayenne
  •  2 tsp smoked paprika
  •  salt & pepper, to taste
  • Sharp cheddar, for garnish
Heat olive oil in large skillet.  Cook onions and garlic until onion is translucent.  Add to Crockpot.  Add remaining ingredients, except cheese.   Cover and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours. Adjust seasoning.  Serve topped with cheddar, if desired.


No comments:

Post a Comment