Total Pageviews

Friday, June 22, 2012

Big Day!

I have been patiently awaiting a certain number on my scale to announce something so very exciting.  For about 2 weeks, the hot weather and other things have been taunting me, and I suspect my body fighting me just a smidge, but I can now announce that 1) I have broken the 300 lb mark (actually that occurred several days ago), 2) I have broken the 60 lb mark (the most I have lost in the last 2 decades) and 3) I have now lost more weight than I have ever managed to lose at any one time since I started gaining weight when I was 19 years old (I weighed 128 lbs when I graduated from high school).  The total, according to my scale this morning is 66.3 lbs!!!!!  The most I had ever managed to lose in one program was 65 lbs.  Lots to celebrate today!

To make this victory even sweeter, I FINALLY found a pair of pants that fits (okay, they need to be hemmed)!  Every pair of pants that I have tried since losing a majority of this weight has either been too big in the waist (like 4-6" too big) or looked like a balloon on me.  This pair, a pair of convertable painter's pants (they can be rolled up into capris) actually fit me everywhere.  So, I get to celebrate my victory in a pair of comfortable pants that actually look good.

Next weekend (a week from tomorrow), I get to see a group of friends that I grew up with.  Some of them, I haven't seen in almost 30 years.  I am so looking forward to catching up with all of them!  For now, however, I need to get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment