Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Where to Begin?

I just got back from picking up my first summer share.  Lots and lots of beautiful greens: collard greens, Red Russian kale, green leaf lettuce, pea tendrils, garlic scapes, radish greens, kohlrabi.  The sad part is that for the next month, I am still limited in the amount of these things I am allowed to eat each week.  Thankfully, I have someone to share them with.  Renee will pick up her portion tomorrow.  But I do believe that I will have to cook some of them and freeze them.

The first disappointment occurred today too: a very small batch of garlic scapes.  Since I have had them before and we are bound to get more (unless the early hot weather affected this crop too), I am going to give them to Renee this week.  So, I think the first thing that I am going to do is make a quinoa salad with steamed kale.  It's been a while since I have done that and quinoa has protein, so it will fit in my diet pretty well.  Rest assured, once I have made it, I will post a recipe and pictures.  So happy to be back to the CSA!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment