Total Pageviews

Monday, January 28, 2013

The Black Dress Journey

The one thing that I did do before I had the surgery was to purchase a black dress that I was hoping I would be able to fit into by our Christmas concert this past year.  My surgery was March 27, 2012.  I purchased a dress that was size L from Holy Clothing.  At the time of surgery, I was probably wearing a size 2XL in the same dress, but I figured that I would have lost around 100 pounds before our December concert date, surely I would have lost that many dress sizes by them.  I couldn't even put the dress on until August 14, so that was the first time I took a picture.  And so much happened in my body shape in just two weeks time, the second picture was taken on August 31.  From that point forward, I periodically took pictures of myself in the dress and posted each on Facebook as I took them.  As it turns out, it gave me a wonderful pictorial account of my changing body as I lost weight and got into better shape.  I am proud to say that this past weekend, the dress finally fit.  I knew I had to try it on again because I took my measurements for Sparkpeople and realized that I had lost another 2 inches off my hips (the place the dress didn't quite fit).  The final picture is stunning, especially if you put it in series with the rest of the pictures.  So, here you go:


To me it is absolutely amazing the changes that my body has gone through in the last six months.  And the fact that these changes happen in huge spurts is even more surprising to me.  I am getting rather stalled in actual weight-loss (not unexpected 9 months after surgery), but my exercise, etc is making sure that things are still changing.  And really, in the end, what is more satisfying?  Seeing the numbers change on the scale?  Or being able to see changes in body shape and how your clothes fit.  I prefer the latter myself.

So, amongst all the angst and uncertainty that is ruling my life with work changes, I still have this to hold onto.  I am still losing, whether it be pounds or just inches and this is a good visual record of those changes.  Now I have to find something else to track my body changes with!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations honey!!! Wonderful that you still keep up the work to get healthier and healthier...bravo!!! You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete