Total Pageviews

Monday, October 21, 2013

Late Brussels Sprouts

While at the farmers' market this past weekend, my mom noticed people walking around with Brussels Sprouts.  She knows that I adore them, so she kept an eye out for them and when she found them she pointed them out to me.  The sprouts were a little on the big size, as they often are this time of year, but I bought a bunch anyway.  This morning, I decided to make a quiche out of them.  I had a package of turkey bacon that I needed to start using up, so I added that and some cheddar jack cheese to the mix and here's what resulted:

Bacon Brussels Sprouts Quiche
  • 1 lb Brussels sprouts*
  • 4 slices turkey bacon
  • 1 cup cheddar jack cheese, shredded
  • 5 large eggs*
  • 1 cup 1% milk
  • seasonings (I used basil and sea salt)
 Preheat oven to 350F.  Trim ends of Brussels sprouts and remove the loose leaves.  Since this batch was big, cut in half or quarters and steam for 5 minutes in the microwave.  In the meantime, dice the bacon.  Mix the brussels sprouts and bacon and place in bottom of 8-inch round baking pan.  Sprinkle with cheese.  Thoroughly mix eggs, milk and seasonings until well-blended.  Pour evenly over the filling.  Bake, uncovered, for 35 minutes or until eggs in center are set.  Allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving.






*farmers market ingredients 

No comments:

Post a Comment