Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 25, 2011

And For Dessert - Fresh Raspberries

I know this is technically not CSA because we grew them ourselves, but my husband brought me some beautiful fresh raspberries last night.  While we were at the grocery store, I found some beautiful buttermilk biscuits and decided we would have strawberry raspberry shortcakes tonight for dessert.  Then I remembered that I also had a new batch of farm-fresh yogurt.

Strawberry Raspberry Shortcakes with Fresh Yogurt
  • 2 Buttermilk biscuits (bakery or your favorite recipe)
  • 1 cup fresh raspberries
  • 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced*
  • 1/2 cup farm-fresh plain yogurt*
For one serving, cut one biscuit in half.  Using half of the strawberries and raspberries, put half between the halves.  Put rest of fruit on top of biscuit.  Spoon 1/2 the yogurt over the biscuit and fruit. Makes 2 servings.

*CSA ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment