Total Pageviews

Monday, June 6, 2011

Lentils and Chorizo

I am starting to go through the meats that I have remaining from the winter.  Today, I had taken out a package of chorizo links.  I decided that a nice hearty lentil soup would be a great way to use them.

Hearty Lentil & Chorizo Soup
  • 1 lb chorizo links*
  • 1 lb lentils
  • water
  • 2 small carrots
  • 3 small potatoes
  • 1 cup chopped sweet peppers
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 1 tsp tumeric
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne
  • 1 Tbsp garlic w/ herbs
Pour lentils in a large Dutch oven.  Sort and remove any hard pieces.  Cover with 3" water and add chorizo links.  Place over high heat and bring to a boil.  Lower heat and simmer for 45 minutes.  Add water as needed.

Peel carrots and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.  Dice potatoes in 1/2 inch dice.  Chop peppers, if needed (I used frozen that I had chopped at another time).  Remove sausage links from pan and cool.  Add vegetables to soup.  Season with sea salt, tumeric, cayenne and garlic.  Thinly slice links and return to pan.  Cook until vegetables are fork soft.  Makes 8 servings.



*CSA ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment