Total Pageviews

Friday, June 3, 2011

Lesson Learned

So, I am a little sad and disappointed today.  We went to pick up the CSA share and I guess I can be just a little dense sometimes.  I had mentioned that we were not able to order our extra stuff because of a website problem.  Well, when I started splitting the share with Leland, I realized that I had only received the small share items.  When I went back to ask, another full share subscriber was questioning that as well.  The fact that the full share is written as small share plus whatever you order should have been a clue.  But still, splitting only a small share leaves very little for either person.

As I said, because I already have a chicken from the last winter share in my freezer, I had Leland take the chicken.  We tried to split things as well as we could, although surprisingly, there was one cucumber (small) and one tomato in the bag.  We were so taken aback by the turn of things, the guys threw in another cucumber and tomato so we could at least share those.  We split the very generous bunch of radishes because it was more than Leland could handle.  Those will go to my husband because I cannot eat them.  So, ultimately, this is what I got out of the share:

1 head leaf lettuce
1 qt farm fresh yogurt (my take in place of the chicken)
1/2 bunch radishes
1 lb cornmeal
1 sm cucumber
1 med tomato

Looks like salad this week.  I hope they can work out the website for next week or devise a way for us to order through email because these small packages split in half barely cover a couple days worth of side dishes.  I intended for these shares to be a majority of my groceries this summer and split the share because I had a hard time keeping up with winter.  If this continues, I will have spent a lot money for not much...it's a bit of a disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment