Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 11, 2011

How to use Garlic Scape Pesto!

So this morning, all I could think of was that batch of garlic scape pesto I made last night.  I wanted to incorporate that into my breakfast and what better way than to replace the garlic in my scrambled eggs?  Here is how I used the pesto and took advantage of the beautiful vegetables I received this week in my CSA share:

Pesto eggs with Spinach & Tomatoes
1) Wash spinach and coarsly chop; set aside.  Dice tomatoe; set aside.  Beat eggs and egg whites; set aside. 

2) Spray a medium saute pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.  Add Pesto and cook until just fragrent.

3) Add chopped spinach and saute until just wilted.


4) Add tomatoes, eggs and shredded cheese.


5) Cook until bottom of eggs are white, then continue cooking and stirring until eggs are just wet.


Makes 2 servings.

Notes: If you do not have garlic scape pesto, you can get the same flavor by mincing 1 or 2 garlic cloves and sauteeing them at the beginning.  Houtz cheese is a dry, strong cheese similar to parmesan.  You may substitute parmesan or romano for this cheese.

*CSA ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment