Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Sweet Potatoes

Let me start by saying I never really liked sweet vegetables. What I've figured out over the years is that I didn't like winter squash or sweet potatoes because everyone insisted on making them even sweeter. For some reason, both could only be served with brown sugar and/or marshmallows. Well, in my opinion, these vegetables are sweet enough on their own, and even better when prepared in a savory manner. We have gotten a lot of sweet potatoes in the past few weeks. So, today, I decided to treat myself.

 Baked Sweet Potato Fries
  •  1 medium sweet potato*
  •  2 tsp olive oil
  •  cayenne pepper
  •  garlic powder 
  • salt 
 Preheat oven to 450°F.

 Wash sweet potato and slice 1/4 inch thick. Cut slices into 1/4 inch sticks. Drizzle with olive oil and sprikle with cayenne, garlic and salt. Spread in a single layer on a prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, turning once, until crisp. Cool on papers towels 5-10 minutes before serving.





*CSA ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment