Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Chicken


As you've probably noticed, I am partial to cooking my chickens in the crockpot. I like doing this for a several reasons: 1) it always comes out beautifully moist. 2) It's very hands off. I can put it in the crockpot and go on about my day. 3) I can then take the cooking juices and bones and make chicken stock.

I decided to do a different set of seasonings with this chicken.  For some reason, I am all about Italian seasonings this weekend.  I do have to admit, my apartment did smell wonderful when I got back from the movie, so I at least chose a nice fragrant combination.

Crockpot chicken
  • 4-5 lb free-range chicken*
  • Paprika
  • Dried chives
  • Italian blend seasoning
Remove neck and giblets from cavity. Dry chicken, inside and out. Place upside-down in the crock and season liberally with paprika, chives and Italian seasoning. Cover and cook on Low for 6-8 hour or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh reads 160.




Chicken Stock

Remove chicken from crockpot and cool. Strip meat from bones and return the bones to the crockpot. Add carrots*, onion* and celery (large chunks) to crockpot and enough water to fill. Cook several hour. Then strain stock and store.

*CSA ingredients
Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment