Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pizza Cups

I thought about not posting this one because it was a quick, throw-together dish.  However, the more I thought about it, the more I decided I should post it.  Mainly because instead of using whatever jarred sauce I had in my refrigerator, I used the slow-roasted heirloom tomato sauce that I made last week.  And let me tell you, that sauce is just SO good it made these very yummy.  I actually can't wait to make another batch and put it in the freezer so I can enjoy it this winter.

The idea for this recipe came from Pinterest pins that I have seen over and over.  They call them mini-tacos, but I didn't have the ingredients to make those.  I did, however, have everything for pizza cups and thought I would see how well that idea worked.  It worked beautifully!  The base of this recipe is wonton wrappers (which I just happened to purchase last week).  After baking, the edges get this wonderful crispiness that I love.  I wasn't sure how I would handle these because I hadn't tried wontons or egg rolls since the surgery, but the wonton wrappers seemed to settle fine in my stomach without making me over-full.  So I think I will explore more recipes using these as the base!  The best part of this recipe is that each of the cups is about 100 calories and has 5.8g of protein.  So just a few of these gives me a nice meal with almost 18g protein.  That is always a plus!

Quick Pizza Cups
Preheat oven to 350F.  Press wonton wrappers into cups of muffin tin.  Spoon sauce into base of cups and spread over base.  Place 2 slices pepperoni into each cup and then sprinkle with cheese.  Bake 8 minutes at 350F.





*CSA ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment