Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 23, 2012

More Heirloom Tomatoes

I don't think I will ever make tomato sause the same way ever again! Roasted tomato sauce is so much better than the sauce I used to make in the stove.

I managed to get ahold of more of the large golden heirloom tomatoes this week. Last night I slow-roasted them again. This morning, I blended them with a can of 365 brand crushed tomatoes into sauce. Oh yeah, I remembered to also roast the garlic this time. All I can say is yum!

By the way, this past week, someone rated the different companies who make crushed tomatoes.  I was surprised to find that Whole Foods 365 Brand tomatoes were very highly rated.  I hadn't tried them at that point in time, but had a can on my shelf.  I have to admit, they are quite good.  Much better than any standard grocery store brand.  I would want to try the San Marzano tomatoes before I declare them the best I've had, but I really like them.

The big milestone this week is finally getting my Makeyourownjeans.com jeans. Oh my goodness! It's amazing what a difference a well-fitting pair of pants will make!  Now I just have to find room in my budget to get a pair of slacks made.

No comments:

Post a Comment