Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Bariatric Blogging

I had a happy happenstance today that I didn't expect.  When I first had the surgery, I purchased a dress that I thought would be the right size for our Christmas concert this coming December.  I have been attempting to put the dress on periodically as I've lost weight and up until last month, couldn't do it.  The day I was able to put the dress on over my shoulders, I had my husband snap a picture.  It still didn't come close to fitting my hips, but I could get it on and allow the skirt to fall over my hips.

This past week, as I was in the process of moving, I was trying on my dresses that had been tucked away in the back of my old bathroom (where I had a hanging rack) to see if any fit.  I figured I would try on the black dress again, just to see how it looked.  Lo and behold, it fit a bit better, so I snapped a picture of the fit.  I am so close to being able to wear this dress, it's just amazing.  I didn't think anything more about it until today when I noticed that I had a reminder on google+.  When I clicked, there was the original picture.  As I looked at it, I realized that in just 2 weeks, there had been quite a big change in the way the dress fit and how my face looked.  So I downloaded both pictures onto the computer and made this composite:


I was shocked to realize how much more I have lost from my chin and neck and just how much better the dress fit.  In JUST 2 WEEKS!!!!!

According to my scale this morning, I am 96 lbs down.  I go to the sports doctor on Thursday to find out where we go from here on my knees.  It is clear to me that I need to be able to do land exercise.  The pool is nice, but I just do not see the same results when I can only work in the pool.  Moving last week helped me drop another 10 pounds and as you can see, did some all over toning that just wasn't happening in the pool.  I also now have my Bowflex set back up, so now I have no excuse for lifting weights and getting my muscles back in tone.  I am looking for big changes coming up, but first, I am excited that 100 lbs is clearly in my sights!

I have said it before and I will say it again: I have not had the easiest road through all of this with the weird things that have happened every step of the way, but it has been worth everything that has happened.  One more pound and I will weigh less than I have since probably my late 20's.  I will never be as thin as I was in high school (I don't think I looked that healthy at 128 lbs), but I have hope that I will get to a healthy weight at which I can be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment