Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Winter Hash

This morning, I decided I needed to use up some squash we had cooked a couple nights ago. I took that, some potato and Jack's Homemade Smoked Sausage (Midland friends, if you haven't tried this, you should) and made hash. Ultimately, I then used the hash in scrambled eggs, but I was hungry so I didn't get a picture of that finished dish (John was hungry too).

 Winter Hash
  •  1 medium russet potato*
  •  1/4 turban squash*, roasted
  •  2oz Jack's "homemade" smoked sausage
 Wash and prick potato. Place in microwave on a paper towel and cook on HIGH for 2 minutes. Wrap in foil and sit for 5 minutes.

 Dice squash, potato, and sausage to 1/4-inch dice. Heat skillet, prepared with cooking spray, over medium heat. Cook all ingredients over medium heat until vegetables are slightly browned. Season with salt and pepper as desired.

*CSA ingredients

My exciting news on the bariatric front, I tried on a pain of size 18W jeans I purchased last night and not only could put them on, but was able to zip them as well. So much closer to normal sizes!

No comments:

Post a Comment