Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Quick Frittata

We receive Brussels sprouts in the share again thisweek, but since it is late in the season, some of the outer leaves were frozen and translucent, so I wanted to use them quickly. I know many don't like Brussels sprouts at all, and most would not consider having them for breakfast, but I adore them and had a taste for them this morning.Since I woke late, I needed a quick method, so I chose microwave.

 Quick Microwave Brussels Sprouts Frittata
  •  1 large egg*
  •  2 Tbsp 1% milk
  •  1 oz cheese* (I used grass-fed Swiss and sharp cheddar)
  •  6 medium to large Brussels sprouts*
  •  2 thin slices Sopressetta
  •  salt and pepper
 Prepare meat and cheese into small dice; set aside. Remove woody ends and outer leaves from Brussels sprouts. Steam sprouts for 4 minutes in microwave; cool. Slice sprouts thinly. Whip eggs with milk and seasonings.

 In a microwave-safe bowl, mix sprouts and meat. Heaton HIGH for 40 seconds. Pour egg mixture over vegetable mix; sprinkle with cheese. Cook on HIGH for 1-1/2 minutes. Allow to set for 1 minute.





*CSA ingredients 

No comments:

Post a Comment