Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Chicken, Kale and Quinoa

I know I have been talking about this all week, so I finally centered on what to do with these ingredients. As I have mentioned before, I am not really able to eat pasta anymore. This makes me a little sad because I really like chicken noodle soup. I have been learning that high protein carbs are much easier for me. Today, I decided to make chicken soup with quinoa instead of noodles.

 Chicken Kale Quinoa Soup
  •  3 cups cooked chicken*, shredded
  •  4 cups homemade chicken stock*
  •  4 cups homemade vegetable stock*
  •  3 medium carrots*, sliced
  •  1/2 large turnip*, diced
  •  1 large bunch kale*, washed and torn
  •  2 cups cooked quinoa
 Place first 5 ingredients into Crockpot. Cook on HIGH about 3 hours or until turnips are almost cooked. Add kale and cook until leaves are bright green. Add quinoa and heat through.





*CSA ingredients 

No comments:

Post a Comment