Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Low-carb Spaghetti Pie

I am just beginning to explore the ways I can use spaghetti squash in my favorite dishes. While the texture is slightly different, the flavor isn't impacted greatly. Tonight, I decided to make one of my favorite childhood dishes using squash instead of pasta. While the dish was runny overall, the flavor was great. And I don't have the expansion issue I usually have with pasta. I'll just have to figure out how to drain the ingredients better!

 Low-carb Spaghetti Pie
  •  1 large spaghetti squash*
  •  2 Large eggs*
  •  1/4 cup butter*
  •  1/2 cup parmesan
  •  16 oz low-fat cottage cheese, drained
  •  2 cups roasted heirloom tomato sauce*
  •  2 cups mozzerella, shredded
  •  1/4 cup each parmesan and romano, shredded
 Preheat oven to 375F. Cut squash in half lengthwise, place cut side down on prepared cookie sheet and bake about 45 minutes. Cool and then, using a fork, collect shreds. Reduce oven to 350F. Mix squash with butter (melted), egg and 1/2 cup parmesan. Spread into bottom of 13"X9"X2" pan. Spread cottage cheese over crust. Then spread tomato sauce over cottage cheese. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake for 45 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and browned. 






*CSA ingredients 

No comments:

Post a Comment