Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Using Avocados

John brought an avocado with him this weekend thatneeded to be used. He requested I use it for breakfast. I was searching for ideas, but couldn't come up with anything until John asked me if I had any bread. I remembered I had Flatouts and decided to make breakfast pizzas. I was pleasantly surprised how nice the combination turned out.

 Mexican Breakfast Pizza
  •  2 whole grain Flatout
  •  6 Tbsp medium salsa
  •  20 packed jalapeno slices
  •  4 eggs*
  •  salt, pepper, cayenne, oregano, to taste
  • 1 medium avocado
  •  1 cup cheddar-jack
Cook bacon over medium heat. drain on paper towels; dice. Scramble eggs with seasonings over medium heat until just cooked. To assemble: place flatout on cookie sheet. spread 1/2 salsa on each flatout. Sprinkle with jalapeno and bacon. Spread eggs evenly and sprinkle with diced avocado and then cheese. Bake at 450F for 8 minutes.


*CSA ingredient 

No comments:

Post a Comment