Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 28, 2013

I Love Jambalaya!

My favorite recipe used to be ratatouille but it no longer fits into my diet as a main dish anymore. In an attempt to find a dish which allows me vegetables, but also has enough protein, I discovered jambalaya. I love the complete flavors, but most jambalaya is made with rice and I don't get along with rice anymore. However, there's this great grain called quinoa which doesn't expand in my stomach like rice does. But the other wonderful thing about quinoa is that it is a complete protein so, it lets me get my carb fix without overfilling me AND helps me make my protein quota.

 Andouille Quinoa Jambalaya
  •  2 cups quinoa, dry
  •  2 cups water
  •  1 medium green pepper*
  •  1 medium red pepper*
  •  2 cans Rotel
  •  1 cup salsa
  •  2 links andouille sausage*
  •  1 tsp areole seasoning
  •  3 cloves garlic*
  •  1 tsp ground cumin
 Place all ingredients into rice cooker bowl. Set rice cooker to porridge and press cook. When done cooking, fluff with a fork.

 *CSA ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment