Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Getting Things Situated

My share partner reminded me this morning that I had not started to look for a new CSA for when I move home in July.  So, I just did a quick search and I found what I think will be a wonderful new CSA for me. 

The CSA I have chosen is Central Michigan CSA Program (http://www.michiganfarmfreshproduce.com/central-michigan-c-s-a-fruit-and-vegetable-co-op/).  Drop-offs are available in the following places:
  • Mt. Pleasant Michigan
  • Alma Michigan
  • Harrison Michigan
  • Clare Michigan
  • Farwell Michigan
  • Lake Michigan
  • Midland Michigan
What appeals to me most about this CSA is that they offer a 1/2 share program!  I had to call directly because I will be starting late and I spoke with Joe Crawford.  Great guy!  He informed me that there are often people who start the program late and he just adjusts the cost accordingly.  When I explained to him that I had had bariatric surgery so I really liked the 1/2 share program because I tend to have to find someone to split shares with, he told me that the would even be willing to do a 1/4 share.  What great flexibility!!!!!  I am so excited to have found him that I just wanted to make sure that my readers in the Mid-Michigan area knew about him! 

If you live in the Midland/Mt. Pleasant area, definitely take a look at this program.  He tells me that they have added an egg program and have great interest in adding beef/pork, although that is in the works so probably won't be available this year.  But I have to tell you, I am going to hook him up with Trevor at Fresh Fork and see if they can figure out the best way to expand this program.  Joe, can't wait to meet you and start working with your program!

No comments:

Post a Comment