Total Pageviews

Monday, April 22, 2013

Quiche!

I had a crazy craving this morning for Quiche Lorraine.  I actually got up this morning, cooked bacon, sauteed onions, whipped eggs and baked up a crustless Quiche Lorraine.  Of course, the fact that I haven't posted a recipe here in weeks probably had something to do with the urge to actually cook this morning, but I have to say that sometimes, there is just nothing like the combination of Swiss cheese, bacon, onions and eggs to get  you going in the morning.  If I had to do this again, I would increase the eggs and use real cream and milk, and use fresh garlic (I didn't have any), but what I did worked out very nice and it was very satisfying.

Crustless Quiche Lorraine
  • 4 eggs*
  • 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
  • 1/2 lb thick-cut bacon*
  • 1/2 sweet onion*, diced
  • garlic powder, to taste
  • 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese*
Heat skillet over med-high heat.  Cook off bacon until just crispy.  Drain all but 1 Tbsp of bacon drippings and place back over medium heat. Saute the onions in the bacon drippings until translucent.  Break bacon into bite-sized pieces.  Mix the bacon and eggs and then sprinkle over bottom of a buttered 9-inch pie plate.  Sprinkle with Swiss cheese.  Whip eggs with evaporated milk and garlic powder; pour over the bacon and cheese.  Place in a pre-heated 350F oven and bake for 35 minutes or until a knife, inserted into the center, comes out clean.  Allow to set for 5 minutes and serve!






*CSA ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment