Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Hummus

I had a can of pumpkin I needed to use up after substituting pumpkin for oil in brownies yesterday. As I was searching for things to use it in, I ran across a recipe for pumpkin hummus. My friend, Saada Eid, is from Jordan and always made the best hummus and Baba Ganoush, but when we asked for recipes, she always told us that it depended on taste. After making hummus today, I now understand. This recipe is only the basis for the hummus, you will want to adjust the garlic and lemon juice to your taste. Oh yeah, I always thought it was hard to mix natural peanut butter or almond butter when first opened. Well, tahini is even harder! But so worth the effort!

 Pumpkin Hummus
 Adapted from: http://veganyackattack.com/2011/11/14/pumpkin-hummus/
  • 1 can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can Pumpkin Puree
  • 2 Tbsp. Tahini
  • 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
  • 3-4 Cloves of Garlic
  • 1/2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
  • 1/2 tsp. Paprika
  • Optional: Water or more lemon juice to get a smoother, more fluid consistency
 Place all ingredients into a food processor and puree until smooth, or until the consistency is to your liking. If you choose to add water, add very little at a time so that it is not too liquidy. Note: Adjust flavors with lemon juice and garlic.


No comments:

Post a Comment