Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Local Broccoli and Tomatoes

This week's quiche is one of my new favorite combinations! I'm not sure exactly when I fell in love with broccoli and eggs, but I know that right now I prefer that combination to any other. Having locally-grown broccoli just makes it all that much better! Add to that some delicious local tomatoes from the Midland Farmer's Market and I am in heaven!

 Broccoli Cheddar Quiche with Tomatoes
  •  1 small head broccoli*, chopped
  •  1 medium local tomato, sliced
  •  1 cup sharp cheddar, shredded
  •  5 farm-fresh eggs*
  •  1 cup 1% milk
  •  salt and pepper
 Preheat oven to 350F. Sprinkle broccoli into a prepared pie plate. Arrange tomato wedges over broccoli and then sprinkle cheddar on top. Mix eggs, milk and seasonings until smooth. Pour evenly over fillings. Bake for 35 minutes. Allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment