Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Broccoli and Sausage

This week, I had purchased some broccoli at the farmer's market.  As I've mentioned before, I love eggs and broccoli.  I still have some of the Jimmy Dean Sage Sausage left, so this morning I decided to make a quiche with broccoli and sausage.  As you will see from the pictures, this is an especially hearty quiche, but I still prefer quiche to frittatas. 

Sausage & Broccoli Quiche
  • 6 oz cooked crumbled sausage (I used Jimmy Dean Sage Sausage)
  • 1 small crown broccoli**, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 6 farm-fresh eggs*
  • 1 1/2 cup 1% milk
  • 1 cup sharp cheddar, shredded
  • salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder
Preheat oven to 350F.  Place broccoli into a small casserole with 1/4 cup water.  Cover and microwave on HIGH  for 5 minutes.  Drain broccoli and place into bottom of baking dish.  Mix in crumbled sausage.  Beat eggs with milk and seasonings until very smooth. Pour over fillings.  Sprinkle with cheese.  Bake 40 minutes or until knife, inserted into center comes out clean.  Allow to set for 6 minutes before serving.






*CSA ingredients
**Farmers market ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment