Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Corn and Sausage

We got the first ears of corn of the season from the CSA this week.  Since there were only 2 ears, I felt like I needed to go ahead and make something out of them.  I really do not eat corn on the cob anymore...habit from having braces for 2 years.  So, I husked the corn and then cut the kernels from the cob.  I also found some Jimmy Dean sage sausage in my freezer and thought maybe a frittata might be a good choice.  I do not usually make frittatas because I prefer the custardy texture of quiche.  However, I was making it for dinner and figured this would be a nice light meal for a warm day.

Sausage and Fresh Corn Frittata

  • 1 Tbsp olive oil
  • 4 oz cooked crumbled sausage (I used Jimmy Dean Sage Sausage)
  • Corn cut from 2 cobs fresh corn*
  • 4 eggs*
  • 1/2 cup sharp cheddar
  • 1/2 cup 1% milk
  • garlic powder
 Heat olive oil in a large skillet.  Add corn and cook for about 4 minutes.  Add sausage and mix well.  In a small bowl, beat eggs with milk and garlic powder.  Drizzle over the corn and sausage.  Cook over med-low heat until almost cooked.  Sprinkle cheddar over frittata.  Cover and turn off heat.  allow to continue cooking for another 2-4 minutes or until the cheese is melted.  Makes 4 servings.






*CSA ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment