Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Breakfast in Troy

I almost forgot that Trevor told us there would be a quiche in this week's package.  I didn't tell my husband, who picked up the package.  When he got home, I received a text that simply said "Quiche!".  We had to take a load of stuff to Troy (MI) this weekend and be here to have the cable set up, so I decided we would take the quiche to have for breakfast both this morning and tomorrow.  Here are some pictures of the beautiful Cheese and Onion Quiche.





This beautiful quiche was made by Humble Pie Baking Company (http://www.facebook.com/HumblePieBakingCompany?v=wall#!/HumblePieBakingCompany?v=app_4949752878) in Avon Lake, OH.  This company makes pies and quiches with local produce.  Their crusts are made with organic flour and sugar.  The lard is from locally raised pigs and they use only RBGH butter.  There are six locations (including Fresh Fork Market's CSA program) where you can get their pies and quiches.  These locations include Tremont Farmers' Market and the Country Conservancy Farmers' Market in Howe Meadow.

It was so good, it has inspired me to try and come up with my own version.  I will make the crust with that beautiful red wheat pastry flour and butter I received in the last package.  And this package we received some beautiful red and yellow onions.  So, bear with me.  I will post a recipe and pictures once we get back to Cleveland and I have time to give it a go!






No comments:

Post a Comment