Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

CSA Package #4 (my #3)

So, I received the list of things in the next CSA package today.  I guess my husband will have to pick it up for me again because we are headed to Michigan this weekend for a race.  But here are the contents:

Winter CSA Wk 4 Selection
-          Assorted Grassfed Beef Roast, approximately 3 lbs
-          Quiche Loraine, full size
-          Mild Salsa, 1 pint (made entirely from local ingredients at Maize Valley Farm in Hartville)
-          Quarter Peck Jonagold apples
-          2 lbs sweet potatoes
-          2 lbs red and yellow onions
-          1 lb sweet potato linguini
-          1 lb carrots (no tops)
-          1 lb red beets (no tops)

More beets, just in time to make more borscht for Christmas.  And it looks like it will be a stew week as well.  I have an tried and true beef and barley stew that I haven't made in ages.  I will post the recipe here.  The stew will use some of the items from my first package that I froze. 

No comments:

Post a Comment