Total Pageviews

Monday, December 20, 2010

Craziness

I feel bad because I have been away for so long.  After the meeting in Orlando, I had to immediately get to work on a grant application.  That was finished, then we had to move my stuff to my new apartment.  And now the holidays are upon us.  Since we are traveling and then doing a second move for my husband back to Michigan, I think it's going to be a while before I get any time to do any cooking.  Thankfully, most of what I've gotten either stores well or freezes well. 

Here is the next package to be picked up this week:

-          1 whole spent hen
-          2 packs Mrs Miller wide egg noodles
-          1 mini-wheel of brie, 6 to 8 ozs
-          1 half pint pepper butter
-          1 lb grassfed ground beef
-          1 lb pork sausage, southern seasoned and in casing
-          2 lbs green tomatoes
-          1 stalk brussel sprouts
-          1 lb organic spelt granola
-          1 lb fresh pasta

The spent hen is supposed to be especially good for soup and stock.  So I am looking forward to making some good homemade chicken soup.  We don't know what kind of pasta yet.  And I am still trying to decide what to do with the sweet potato pasta I received in the last package.  I am thinking a butternut squash sage sauce of some sort.  I am excited about having more brussels sprouts to play with.  I do love some brussels sprouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment