Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Making vinaigrette

So, I now have baby spinach and mixed greens in my refrigerator.  I don't normally have a lot of such things so I never buy salad dressings or vinaigrettes.  So, my goal today was to figure out how to make my own vinaigrette.  I looked at various recipes and finally decided to try for a honey mustard balsamic vinaigrette. 

Honey Mustard Balsamic Vinaigrette

  • 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 3/4 cup basil infused oil
  • 4 Tbsp brown mustard
  • 3 Tbsp honey
  • 1 tsp dried basil
  • 1/2 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl.  Store in the refrigerator. 


I have never had some of these greens before as salad greens (beet greens, etc) and I liked the peppery flavor.  I am also thinking the vinaigrette will be very good on my favorite spinach salad (avocado and grapefruit).  It's a nice change from store-bought dressings. 

I have started planning recipes for the rest of the package.  Since I have cabbage and kielbasa, I will be making a Cabbage Kielbasa Stew in the crockpot tomorrow.  I am also trying to come up with snack ideas for the game tomorrow, although currently, I haven't figured out how I am going to get to watch the game.  Unfortunately, I do not pick up FOX with my antennae.  Hopefully I can find a way to watch streaming online.

No comments:

Post a Comment